Egbin Power Plc. is West Africa’s largest power generation station with an installed capacity of 1,320 MW consisting of 6 Units of 220MW each.
One of the biggest additions to the electricity industry in Nigeria. Our future aim is to lead the movement to ‘Light up Nigeria’ and the wider sub-Saharan African region.
The Graduate Engineering Trainee Programme is a 24-month intensive blended training programme designed with training from the National Power Training Institute of Nigeria (NAPTIN) and )visits to other power generation entities and industry stakeholders.
The training is strategically targeted at the technical capacity development of young engineers with the combination of theoretical knowledge with hands-on practicals as well as the application of technical skills.
The selected candidates will also garner experience across the various technical departments of Egbin power plant, acquiring requisite competencies to contribute to the achievement of the company’s overall strategic objectives.
Qualifications & Experience
• Engineering degree (B. Tech, B. Eng.) with a minimum of Second-Class Upper Division (2.1)
• Age: Maximum of 27 years by December 2021
• Applicants must have completed the mandatory NYSC as of March 2021 with a valid certificate.
See Also: Apply for ICT 4 Inclusion Challenge Africa Edition (£10,000) Challenge.
• 0 – 2 years of work experience post-NYSC
Skills & Competencies:
• Ability to work and thrive in different working conditions
• Strong Analytical and numeric skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Knowledge and understanding of basic engineering processes.
• Ability to identify and use basic engineering tools.
• Self-driven and result-oriented
• Problem solving-skills
• Knowledge of the power sector value chain.
For more information and application, visit the official website of the Egbin Graduate Trainee Program 2021.