GrowthAfrica was founded in 2002. Since then it has continued to exponentially increase the rate and growth of business success in Africa through the annual Accelerator.
Backed by extensive knowledge and experience in supporting entrepreneurs across Africa, the first accelerator run in 2012 and to date, 336 ventures have been accelerated, worked directly with 552 entrepreneurs, run 28 cohorts, and created 30,000+ jobs.
They are seeking ambitious and committed entrepreneurs in Kenya, Uganda, Ethiopia, Zambia, and Ghana with the potential to grow and create influence through their businesses.
The program is designed to help you scale your endeavour, make it an investment-ready, and develop your entrepreneurial leadership acumen with the aim of unlocking significant growth in your business.
They are open to all sectors but have a soft spot for:
- IT/mobile solutions/Tech-enabled businesses
- Financial Services and Fintech
- Renewable energy
- Water & sanitation
Table of Contents
- Growth strategy:
- Bespoke in-company support: Get individualized and tailored in-company support from the most qualified team who will walk you through and support you in your business journey
- Access and fellowship with quality peers across Africa: Connect and benefit from peer-to-peer learning and networking with like-minded entrepreneurs across Africa
- Investment support: Receive support in identification of, access to, and engagement with potential and relevant investors
- Access to mentors and industry-subject experts: You will have access to Pan-African mentors/experts who will offer you advice and be your sounding board
- Financial modeling: Support to build a financial model for your business growth and investment
- Leadership: Acquire skills and tools to develop stronger entrepreneurial leadership
Entrepreneurs who have a business that meets these criteria:
- For-profit, post-revenue business with an innovative product, service, or methodology
- Turnover of 50,000 USD or more
- Existed for two years or more
- A dedicated full-time founding team
- Full time and dedicated core team
Eligible Regions: Kenya, Uganda, Ethiopia, Zambia, and Ghana.
- Led by experienced facilitators, leveraging our proprietary process and learning methodology, we focus on solutions that leads to an increase in your revenue, profits, and impact.
Bukola Owo-Bello is a spirited storyteller, content creator and YouTuber who loves sharing amazing opportunities, inspiration, and ideas with forward-thinking African youths.
Follow her on YouTube, TikTok and Instagram on @BukkiTalks