Are you ready to unlock the potential of your social enterprise? YSE Global 2021 is now accepting applications from 1 February to 25 April 2021!
The Singapore International Foundation (SIF) believes in equipping, empowering and stirring young changemakers to make their social enterprise idea a reality. The Young Social Entrepreneurs (YSE) Global is an eight-month program that inspires, equips, and enables youth of different nationalities to start or scale up their social enterprises in Singapore and beyond.
Since 2010, YSE Global has nurtured a network of youth with innovative business ideas focused on social good. Together with established social entrepreneurs, business consultants and investors, they harness the power of ideas, know-how and resources to effect positive change for a better world.
The YSE Global spans eight months, comprising the following components: online workshop; six-month remote mentorship, regional learning, and Pitching for Change where teams can pitch for grants of up to S$20,000 to develop their social enterprise.
Participants will gain access to an international ecosystem of investors, industry experts, experienced mentors, and a growing network of over 1,200 young changemakers from 39 nationalities.
Be inspired by leading social innovation trends and market insights from the region. Shortlisted teams will stand a chance to launch or scale up their social enterprise with up to S$20,000 in funding.
Individual applications are allowed but they highly encourage the participants to form a team. Having more than one member for the social enterprise allows maximizing the benefits of teamwork and support as the work grows.
Social enterprises that have been running for some time are also welcome to apply. The program is designed to best suit the needs of seed to early-stage enterprises The selection process will also take into consideration the stage of development of the enterprise, and whether it would be able to fully benefit from what the program offers.
Table of Contents
- NetworkJoin an international ecosystem of young changemakers, including like-minded individuals, corporates, and successful entrepreneurs.
- MentorshipGain access to insights from industry experts and professionals.
- Study VisitsEmbark on overseas study visits and gain global perspectives on social entrepreneurship.
- GrantsStart or scale up your social enterprise with up to S$20,000 in funding.
- Have a viable business proposition that addresses a social issue anywhere in the world
- Are a committed individual or have a team (up to 3 members can join the program)
- Are between 18 to 35 years old
Eligible Regions: open for all.
Bukola Owo-Bello is a spirited storyteller, content creator and YouTuber who loves sharing amazing opportunities, inspiration, and ideas with forward-thinking African youths.
Follow her on YouTube, TikTok and Instagram on @BukkiTalks