Yale Young African Scholars (YYAS) is an intensive academic and enrichment program designed for African secondary school students planning to pursue tertiary education and who wish to make meaningful impact as young leaders on the continent.
Participants will enhance their academic skills, receive guidance on university admissions and career path options, and join a network of young leaders from across Africa. Following the program, students will be paired with mentors who will advise them throughout the university application process.
- Age: You must be at least 14 years old, and not older than 18 years old, by the application deadline (1st February 2023) in order to be considered. Please note that a typical YYAS student is between the ages of 15 and 18.
- English: You must be able to participate in a rigorous academic curriculum conducted in English.
- Citizenship: You must be a citizen or permanent resident of an African country. YYAS will also accept applications from refugees living in an African country.
- School location: You must currently attend school in an African country.
- Grade Level: You must be a current 11th grade student (or the international equivalent).
- Graduation date: If you attend school in the Northern Hemisphere, you must be graduating secondary school by latest May/June 2024. If you attend school in the Southern Hemisphere, you must be graduating secondary school by earliest November/December 2023 and no later than November/December 2024.