The Bank Internship Program (BIP) offers highly motivated individuals an opportunity to be exposed to the mission and work of the World Bank.ban The internship allows individuals to bring new perspectives, innovative ideas and research experience into the Bank’s work, while improving skills in a diverse environment.
In addition, it is a great way to enhance CVs with practical work experience. Internships are available in both development operations and other business units (such as Human Resources, Communications, Accounting, etc.) however, availability during a given internship term is based on business need.
To access the application, please click the apply button, noting that only selected candidates will be contacted.
The WB Internship Program typically seeks candidates for: Operations (Front Line) in the following fields: economics, finance, human development (public health, education, nutrition, population), social sciences (anthropology, sociology), agriculture, environment, engineering, urban planning, natural resources management, private sector development, and other related fields; or Corporate support (Accounting, Communications, Human Resources Management, Information Technology, Treasury, and other corporate services).
The WB Internship is offered twice a year:
• Summer Internship (May–September): The application period is December 1–January 31 each year.
• Winter Internship (November–March): The application period is October 1-31 each year.
All applications must be submitted online and during the respective application period. (We do not accept applications by email.)
J1 visa holders need to obtain a G4 visa abroad prior to starting employment or unpaid internship at the WB.
- The WB pays an hourly salary to all Interns and, where applicable, provides an allowance toward travel expenses up to USD 3,000 at the discretion of the manager.
- These travel expenses can only include transport expenses (airfare) to or from the duty station city.
- Interns are responsible for their own accommodations.
- Driven by business needs, most Intern positions are based in Washington, DC with a few others in the WB country offices. Usually, internship opportunities are for a minimum of four weeks.
To be eligible for an Internship,
- candidates must have an undergraduate degree and be enrolled in a full-time graduate study program (pursuing a master’s degree or PhD with plans to return to school full-time). There is no age limit.
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of languages such as: French, Spanish, Russian, Arabic, Portuguese, and Chinese is desirable. Other skills such as computing skills are advantageous.
- We value diversity in our workplace, and encourage all qualified individuals, particularly women, with diverse professional and academic backgrounds to apply. Our aim is to attract and recruit the best talent in the world.
Application Deadline: January 31, 2023
Eligible Regions: Open For All.