Apply for the UNESCO Youth-in-Action Photo Contest 2023
Entries are now open and UNESCO invites participants for the 2023 Youth-in-Action Photo Contest.
They benefit from the right to access, rectify and remove data about themselves by formally requesting to UNESCO, through its Headquarters in Paris, France (starting now “the Organizer”) of the photography contest.
The contest aims to promote youth social engagement through a more creative lens, inviting young people to submit images that capture their work towards creating a better future for all.
Three winners will be selected to be featured on the UNESCO Youth Facebook page and in a Web story on UNESCO’s website, to share their stories and projects with the world. They would love your support in reaching as many young people as possible by sharing this through your youth networks and on your social media, if possible.
Please find all the information about the contest below:
- Entrants must be between 18 – 35 to enter (as do those being photographed)
- Contest is open until August 15th, 2023 (CEST 23:45)
- Photographs must capture youth in action, making a positive impact on the world. For example:
o Fighting climate change
o Building peace
o Strengthening civic space
o Empowering other youth
o Any other engagement with social impact
You can also find the official call for submissions on their Facebook page and a link to the submission form.
The shortlisted entries chosen by the UNESCO Youth Selection Committee will be featured on their Facebook page (+348K followers), where the top photos with the most interactions (likes, shares, and comments) will be declared the winners.
The three winners 🏆 will receive recognition for their contribution to making a difference in the world by being featured
🏅 In 3 separate posts with the photos, description, and link to the photographer’s social media accounts on the Facebook page
🏅 In a Web story on UNESCO’s website to announce the 3 winners and present their photos and stories
Don’t miss out on this opportunity to showcase your authentic and engaging photography skills in your meaningful work!
Table of Contents
- The shortlisted entries chosen by the UNESCO Youth Selection Committee will be featured on their Facebook page. The top photos with the most interactions (likes, shares, and comments) will be declared the winners.
- The three winners will receive recognition for their contribution to making a difference in the world by being featured in three separate posts with photos, descriptions,s, and links to the photographer’s social media accounts on the Facebook page.
- They will also be featured in a Web story on UNESCO’s website to announce the 3 winners and present their photos and stories.
- The photography contest is open to everyone between 18 and 35 years old, regardless of their country of residence, except employees of UNESCO.
- No minors’ participation or appearance in photographs will be accepted by the Organization.
- To participate, entrants must have access to the Internet.
- Participation is strictly personal and the entrant cannot enter the contest on behalf of another person.
- Participation in the photography contest implies full acceptance of these rules and all of their provisions.
- Non-compliance with the rules will result in disqualification of the entrant.
Eligible Regions: Open for All.
Bukola Owo-Bello is a spirited storyteller, content creator and YouTuber who loves sharing amazing opportunities, inspiration, and ideas with forward-thinking African youths.
Follow her on YouTube, TikTok and Instagram on @BukkiTalks