In addition to providing funding and risk-sharing facilities to MSMEs and Small Corporates through participating financial institutions, the Development Bank of Nigeria is expected to build the capacity of the Nigerian MSME to enable them eligible to access credit.
This proposed strategy is to ensure that DBN builds quality and sustainable Capacity Building Programme that meets the below objectives:
See Also: Now Open: Nominations for the Most Enterprising Students in Nigeria 2021.
- Ensure MSMEs are well equipped with skills and competencies to defend sound and viable business proposals
- Improve the Capacity of MSMEs to access the available credit
- Improve the capacity of MSMEs for efficient funds utilization, trade, investments, and access to markets
- Acknowledgment and opening and closing.
See Also: Apply for Lex: Lead Essay Competition 2021 for Students
- Target Group: Nigerian based MSMEs
- Location: Lagos (SMEs) and Abuja (Micro Enterprises)
- Implementation: DBN in partnership with Google, Enterprise Development Centre (EDC), Pan Atlantic University, and Wider Perspective Limited (WPL)
- A competitive application process of interested MSMEs
- Strict selection criteria for shortlisted MSMEs
- Well-developed Curriculum customized to fit the needs of the MSMEs and Experienced Faculty
- Delivery Method: A blended format of face-to-face and online training
- Advisory Services by Industry Experts to the MSMEs
- As soon as training is completed
- 5 months after training
- Certification – DBN Entrepreneurship Training Certificate
- The owner of the Business must be 18 years and above.
- Business Owner must be a citizen or legal resident of Nigeria.
- The Business must be based and registered with the CAC in Nigeria.
- The Business must be for-profit from any sector.
- Applicant must be available to commit to the training schedule once accepted.
- All applications must be submitted online through the application portal
- All applicants must complete an application form by providing all requested information
- Upon submission of the application form, an email confirming receipt will be sent to the applicant within a 24-hour period
- Applicants will be screened and shortlisted from the close of the application based on the eligibility criteria
- Selection will be carried out using the defined selection criteria from the pool of Shortlisted applications
- Communication with successful applicants shall be by email to the email address provided and a phone call to the phone number provided on the application form
Deadline: August 1st, 2021
For more information and application, visit the official website of the Development Bank of Nigeria.