The Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarships (QECS) offers a unique opportunity to study for a two-year Master’s degree in a low or middle-income Commonwealth country. This scholarship is aimed at students committed to creating change in their communities, the scholarships are a life-changing opportunity to experience a new country and culture, broaden horizons, and build a global network that will last a lifetime.
Through cultural exchange and academic collaboration, Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholars help bring about positive change and find solutions to our shared challenges – both in their home countries and those that host them. As an active part of the Commonwealth network, scholars will help shape its future.
Before applying, please review the available courses and host institutions on their website. They strongly advise applicants to read all of the application guidance and FAQs carefully before starting an application.
- Fully-funded tuition fees
- Living allowance (stipend) for duration of award
- Return economy flights to host country
- One-off arrival allowance
- Research Support Grant (on request only; subject to approval)
- Citizens (or those who hold refugee status) in a Commonwealth country are welcome to apply
- Finally, you must be unable to afford to study in the UK without a scholarship.
Eligible Regions: Bangladesh, Cambodia, Vietnam, Nigeria, Commonwealth Countries.
- Depending on which scholarship you are applying for, you may need to apply through a National Nominating Agency, a university, or a Non-Governmental Organisation.
- To begin your online application, you’ll need a scanned copy of your passport, your academic transcript, your existing university degree certificate, two references and, if you have one, your admission letter.
Application Deadline: January 10, 2023