Champion positive social change through your video on migration and diversity and be recognized internationally!
PLURAL+ Youth Video Festival is a joint initiative of the United Nations Alliance of Civilizations (UNAOC) and the International Organization for Migration (IOM) that invites the world’s youth to submit original and creative videos focusing on the themes of migration, diversity, and social inclusion.
By supporting the distribution of youth-produced media, PLURAL+ recognizes youth as powerful agents of positive social change in a world often characterized by intolerance and cultural and religious divisions.
PLURAL+ recognizes young people as powerful agents of social change and video entries should therefore serve as an instrument for them to express their thoughts and opinions on one or several of the main themes of PLURAL+: migration, diversity, social inclusion, and the prevention of xenophobia.
PLURAL+ video entries can be of any genre (animation, documentary, music video, comedy, etc.) as long as they have the potential to make the audience think in constructive ways about the cross-cutting social issues pertaining to the themes of PLURAL+, ranging from, but not limited to, peace and human rights, to racism and discrimination.
PLURAL+ video entries should not contain profanities or material that some audiences may find inappropriate or offensive, nor should they be created for commercial purposes.
All filmmakers recognized by any of the six PLURAL+ distinctions, as well as those recognized by PLURAL+ Partners, will receive digital certificates. Filmmakers who participate in the call for submissions but are not recognized through any of the above can request a digital certificate of participation by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The PLURAL+ team will decide to confer such a certificate on a case-by-case basis.
All entrants to PLURAL+ will be notified about the outcome of their submissions by mid-November 2023, and the PLURAL+ recipients will be publicly announced at a Ceremony which will take place in late 2023. More information regarding the ceremony will be shared on their social media platforms closer to the date of the event.
Table of Contents
- All filmmakers recognized by any of the six PLURAL+ distinctions will receive digital certificates.
- Filmmakers who participate in the call for submissions but are not recognized through any of the above can request a digital certificate of participation by sending an email to email@example.com.
- Recipients are invited to the place where the PLURAL+ Ceremony is held, all expenses paid, and attended every year by a diverse, global audience.
- PLURAL+ recipients gain international exposure and the opportunity to connect and network with a multitude of professionals, peers, and organizations and to explore opportunities for further distribution and dissemination of their work.
- The PLURAL+ Youth Video Festival (hereinafter referred to as “PLURAL+”) is open to young people of all nationalities with a keen interest in the cross-cutting issues of migration, diversity, social inclusion, and the prevention of xenophobia.
- Entrants to PLURAL+ must be 25 years old or less at the time of the production of their videos. PLURAL+ is organized into three age categories:
1. up to 12 years old
2. 13 to 17 years old and
3. 18 to 25 years old.
- It is important that the video reflects the thoughts and opinions of the young filmmaker(s) about migration, diversity, social inclusion, and xenophobia.
- The person submitting the video (“the entrant”) must be actively involved in its making; e.g. either as a director, writer, camera person, editor, actor, coordinator, etc.
Eligible Regions: Open for all
- To submit a video for consideration, you must first complete the online form https://pluralplus.unaoc.org/plural-entry-form/.
- Please provide all of the required information. Incomplete submissions will lead to disqualification.
- The form will ask you to submit your videos in one of two ways:
- Through a video-streaming website (e.g. YouTube or Vimeo). If submitting through this option, the entrant will be asked to include the URL of the video in the online form. The entrant must ensure that the video link is accessible and not private.
- Through a file-hosting website (e.g. Google Drive, Dropbox, Box, etc.) where the entrant’s video is saved. If submitting through this option, you will be asked to include the URL of the video in the online form. The entrant must ensure that the video link is accessible and not private.
Application Deadline: June 30, 2023
To apply, visit the official website of the PLURAL+ Youth Video Festival 2023