Over the past years, LEAP Africa has partnered with Union Bank Nigeria, other corporate sponsors, and development champions, to enable these young change-makers to transition their social change solutions into scalable social enterprises.
Through a careful selection process, 40 highly motivated and young social innovators are chosen across a pool of applicants, to participate in activities outlined for the fellowship year.
Fellows are empowered through a series of training sessions (physical and online), mentorship, access to local & international funding and partnership opportunities, and importantly the opportunity to be a part of a global network of social change agents.
See Also: Apply for Pangolin Photo Challenge 2021
These activities culminate into an award ceremony where outstanding Fellows are rewarded with a financial sustainability prize award and their work promoted on media platforms.
The social ventures of the Fellows cover various aspects of the society, such as Agriculture, Youth Empowerment, Education, Science & Technology, Health, Law, Human Rights, among others.
Table of Contents
Seasoned professionals across the industry who will provide coaching and mentoring
Business support services to meet your organizational needs.
Impactful sessions from world-class experts to enhance your organization’s sustainability and investment readiness.
Funding opportunities from local and international partners.
A growing vibrant community of social innovators across Africa who are alumni of the Programme.
We are seeking applications from budding social entrepreneurs who would be available and willing to participate in the various activities outlined for the fellowship year. The 2021/2022 fellowship cycle begins in November 2021 and ends in November 2022. An ideal SIP fellow should fit the profile outlined below:
- Young man or woman between 18 and 35 years, whose ideas and initiatives offer effective solutions to challenges in local communities across their respective region.
- Applicants must be Initiators/Co-founders of a socially focused venture/enterprise and Foundation, located and registered English speaking parts of Africa.
- Applicants must have been involved in operating their ventures/enterprises beyond 12 months prior to the time of this application.
- Applicants must be available to participate in the Fellowship activities including implementation of appropriate systems to sustain their innovation over the course of the fellowship year.
- Applicants must not be enrolled in more than one fellowship program prior to the time of application.
July 25th, 2021
For more information and application, visit the official website of the Leap Social Innovation Program.
Bukola Owo-Bello is a spirited storyteller, content creator and YouTuber who loves sharing amazing opportunities, inspiration, and ideas with forward-thinking African youths.
Follow her on YouTube, TikTok and Instagram on @BukkiTalks