Applications are open for the GSK Scholarships for Future Health Leaders 2021-2022.
The London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine is renowned for its research, postgraduate studies, and continuing education in public and global health. We have an annual research income of more than £180 million and are one of the highest-rated research institutions in the UK.
See Also: Apply for IMF Training Scholarship 2021
Three scholarships are offered to support the training and development of the next generation of leaders in global health and strengthen the capacity of health systems and health-related research in Africa.
These highly competitive scholarships are available to applicants intending to study on a one-year, full-time, London-based (face-to-face) MSc programme at the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine (LSHTM).
Three scholarships are available for the 2021-22 academic year. Each scholarship will cover:
- tuition fees, including any mandatory field trip fees; and
- a tax-free stipend (living allowance) of GBP 17,400.00.
To be eligible for these scholarships, applicants must:
- be nationals of, and resident in, countries in sub-Saharan Africa; and
- intend to return to sub-Saharan Africa on completion of their MSc year at LSHTM; and;
- confirm that they would not otherwise be able to pay for the proposed programme of study by submitting the supplementary questions form; and
- meet LSHTM’s minimum English language requirements; and
- hold a first degree at either a first or upper second class equivalency level; and
- hold an offer of admission for 2021-22 for one of LSHTM’s 19 London-based MSc programmes of study.
Preference will be given to applicants who demonstrate (in their application documentation) the potential to make significant contributions to public health and/or health-related research in Africa.
Eligible Regions: Open for Sub-Saharan African Countries
To apply, visit their official website here