A Google for Startups Program giving access to funding to black-funded startups in Africa.
Through the Google for Startups Black Founders Fund Africa, we are supporting early-stage Black-founded startups and startups that are benefitting the Black community on the continent.
We want to bridge the existing fundraising gap for Black startup founders in Africa’s fast-growing technology landscape. This non-dilutive $3 million fund is allocated across a pipeline of 50 investable startups in Africa.
The fund is open to all startups that meet the criteria, with priority given to Google for Startups Accelerator and Partner program alumni. This fund will be given along with mentorship support and Google platform credits to help the startups grow.
- Google encourages established startups based in Africa who are seeking seed-stage funding to apply.
- The Black Founders Fund is intended for startups with self-identifying Black leaders or companies directly supporting the Black community.
- Currently accepting applicants from the following countries in Africa: Botswana, Cameroun, Cote D’Ivoire, Ethiopia, Ghana, Kenya, Mozambique, Nigeria, Rwanda, South Africa, Tanzania, Uganda, and Zimbabwe.
Here are our eligibility criteria:
A startup that is:
- Headquartered in Africa or has a legal presence on the continent
- Building for Africa and a global market
- Creating jobs has growth potential to raise more funding, and making an impact
With a founding team that is:
- Diverse, with at least one Black C-level founding member
- Directly supporting the Black community
- Technology startups with a live product in market or business where technology is core to their ability to scale (not for consultancies or not-for-profits)
- Compatibility with Google products—our products can accelerate their growth.
Deadline July 17th, 2021
For more information and application, visit the official website of Google for Startups Black Founders Fund Program 2021.