Apply for Digital Transformation Internship 2023 by UNDP
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is the development arm of the United Nations. Present in 170 countries with over 17,000 people, UNDP works on the world’s biggest problems: extreme poverty, climate change, good governance, renewable energy, crisis prevention, and women’s empowerment, among others.
They are leveraging the power of digital to propel all people forward, starting with digital initiative development, scaling innovation, and communicating this organizational change internally and externally. Digital technology is one of the most fundamental drivers of change this century.
Digital not only provides new opportunities and challenges for development, but it is also fundamentally changing the context in which development is taking place. Since the launch of its first Digital Strategy in 2019, UNDP has been on an ambitious transformation journey to harness the potential of digital technology for development.
They are now in the next phase of their digital transformation, implementing the Digital Strategy 2022-2025, which puts forth a vision to create a world in which digital is an empowering force for people and the planet.
The applicants should be competent in
- Achieve Results: Plans and monitors own work, pays attention to details, delivers quality work by deadline
- Think Innovatively: Open to creative ideas/known risks, is pragmatic problem solver, makes improvements
- Learn Continuously: Open minded and curious, shares knowledge, learns from mistakes, asks for feedback
- Adapt with Agility: Adapts to change, constructively handles ambiguity/uncertainty, is flexible
- Act with Determination: Shows drive and motivation, able to deliver calmly in face of adversity, confident
- Engage and Partner: Demonstrates compassion/understanding towards others, forms positive relationships
- Enable Diversity and Inclusion: Appreciate/respect differences, aware of unconscious bias, confront discrimination
- Database management skills.
- Detail-oriented, preferably with previous administrative and office management experience.
- Eager to learn new things and gradually adapt the theory into practical work.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to deliver in a high-pressure environment
- Ability to handle complex situations and multiple responsibilities simultaneously, mixing long-
- term projects with the urgency of immediate demands.
- Ability to collaborate with and achieve actionable results
- Excellent ability to multi-task in a high-demand and fast-paced work context
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude
Table of Contents
- In accordance with the UNDP Internship policy, UNDP interns are eligible to receive a monthly stipend, with the rate that varies depending on the duty location. The stipend will be paid monthly, and part-time /Remote internship arrangements are prorated accordingly.
Candidates must meet one of the following educational requirements:
- Be enrolled in a postgraduate degree programme (such as a master’s programme, or higher);
- Be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (such as bachelor’s degree or equivalent);
- Have recently graduated with a university degree (as defined above) and, if selected, must start the internship within one-year of graduation;
- Be enrolled in a postgraduate professional traineeship program and undertake the internship as part of this program.
- Interest/Experience in one of the workstream areas is desirable.
- Proficient in written and spoken English. Knowledge of another UN language would be an asset.
Eligible Regions: Open for All
The application should contain:
- A current and complete CV (Curriculum Vitae) in English.
- Complete this form (https://airtable.com/shr0jSaSl4wUUHPoc) in addition to submitting your details via the Job link.
In case an applicant is successfully selected, s/he will be requested to provide electronic versions of:
- Letter from his/her university confirming current enrollment and graduation date.
- Letter of recommendation from a professor.
- copy of his/her most recent school transcript.
- copy of passport.
- Visa copy- If the candidate is located in the USA (United States of America)
- completed the UNDP internship application form.
- Signed UNDP Internship Agreement.
- Medical Certificate of Good Health.
- Copy of Medical Insurance
Application Deadline: August 31, 2023
Find similar opportunities here.
Bukola Owo-Bello is a spirited storyteller, content creator and YouTuber who loves sharing amazing opportunities, inspiration, and ideas with forward-thinking African youths.
Follow her on YouTube, TikTok and Instagram on @BukkiTalks