Applications are now open for Africa No Filter fellowship program. The Africa No Filter is seeking exceptional emerging artists for a 12-month remote fellowship. Fellows will be expected to develop and deliver a project which demonstrates and/or explores how art and creativity can be used to challenge harmful narratives about Africa and present contemporary, accurate narratives.
- The Arts Fellowship welcomes emerging artists from all creative disciplines and invites proposals for both digital and in-person projects, with Africa being the focus.
- Fellows are encouraged to propose innovative, groundbreaking projects that have both digital and in-person elements.
- Africa No Filter priorities emerging creative practitioners living in Africa (Sub-Saharan and North Africa).
- Interested Africans from the diaspora are welcome to apply if they can demonstrate that their work is Africa-focused and includes the collaboration or involvement of creatives living in Africa.
The Fellows Program will be held remotely for the duration of 12 months. Africa No Filter will provide a total of $5000per fellow and will also offer:
- One on one mentorship –each fellow will be assigned with a mentor whom they will virtually meet with once a month
- Monthly fellows meetings for peer to peer skills-sharing
- New networks –we will host quarterly networking events where you will meet with
- leading creative practitioners
- An annual in-person convening in Fall 2021(subject to change due to COVID-19)
- Feedback on your proposed project
- Marketing and dissemination of your project to our funders and the ANF community
Deadline: February 15, 2021.
For more information visit the official webpage of Africa No Filter Emerging Artists Fellowship Program