SDG Impact Accelerator (SDGia), a global accelerator launched by Turkish Ministry of Foreign Affairs and UNDP in 2018, has opened its second global call for impact entrepreneurs to find innovative solutions for SDG-related complex development challenges.
During the second SDGia program, startups will work on products and services in the field of financial inclusion in Bangladesh and digital agriculture in Uganda.
SDGia has introduced a novel approach to startup acceleration thanks to its convening power for private and public stakeholders, with a specific focus on empowering innovative entrepreneurs who are providing impact at scale for low-income groups, the bottom of the pyramid.
Last year in its first program, SDGia focused on two of the most pressing issues faced by displaced populations, namely the lack of sanitation and personal identification.
The first global call attracted applications from 35 countries, and during the program, new solutions have been found in the field of two grand challenges, namely “Non-Sewage Portable Toilets” and “Digital ID solutions”. 8 startups have graduated from the program to implement their projects which are currently at their final stage.
See Also: Apply for IMF Training Scholarship 2021
Based on the success stories of its alumni and the lessons learnt of the first program, SDGia has decided to launch its second program in Bangladesh and Uganda, where vibrant startup ecosystems already exist.
The government of Turkey has provided the core funding for the implementation of the SDGia’s second acceleration program that has started in June 2020, in line with its long-standing support for the Least Developed Countries (LDCs).
- open to teams around the world
- have a solution which has potential to support especilaly Least Developed Countries
- looking for funding to develop your minimum viable product or improve your existing product
- have an innovative idea or product you want to scale up
- are ready to implement or test your solution with the support of local institutions and additional investment
- receige support through the SDG’S Global network as you work to create impact in the world
- receive $15,000 when you get accepted to the accelerator program
- receive mentorship from global,government and financial institutions
- receive impact investment at the end of the program if your idea idea or product is selected for implementation
DEADLINE: 22nd JANUARY, 2021