How is the hustle from your side?
Hope you are having a great week?
There are interesting opportunities for you this week. Check them out and feel free to apply to ones that suit you.
2019 Communications Internship at UNDCF USA
This is a general call for Communications Internships at UNCDF in USA throughout 2019.
Applications will be accepted from interested and qualified applicants, on an ongoing basis for this Communications Internship at New York Headquarters.
UN Capital Development Fund (UNCDF) makes public and private finance work for the poor in the world’s 47 least developed countries. With its capital mandate and instruments, UNCDF offers “last mile” finance models that unlock public and private resources, especially at the domestic level, to reduce poverty and support local economic development.
NCDF’s financing models work through two channels: financial inclusion that expands the opportunities for individuals, households, and small businesses to participate in the local economy, providing them with the tools they need to climb out of poverty and manage their financial lives; and by showing how localized investments—through fiscal decentralization, innovative municipal finance, and structured project finance—can drive public and private funding that underpins local economic expansion and sustainable development.
By strengthening how finance works for poor people at the household, small enterprise, and local infrastructure levels, UNCDF contributes to SDG 1 on eradicating poverty and SDG 17 on the means of implementation.
By identifying those market segments where innovative financing models can have a transformational impact in helping to reach the last mile and address exclusion and inequalities of access, UNCDF contributes to a number of different SDGs.
UNCDF is seeking an intern to be part of the Partnerships, Policy and Communications Unit (PPC) in its Headquarters located in New York, United States.
Working under the guidance and supervision of the Head of PPC, and working closely with PPC staff, the intern will support the ongoing work plan and goals of the unit, including but not limited to expanding partnerships; supporting and improving communications efforts, including on social media; preparing policy briefs for high level meetings; supporting the launch of major initiatives on blended finance and enterprises in Africa; and building and maintaining a base of knowledge about Member States.
The internship manager is committed to providing the intern with the training, guidance and support necessary to complete the below duties and responsibilities effectively and within the internship period.
Thiswill include, but not be limited to, scheduled meetings (weekly) to assess output progress, systems training (where required) and completion of required university reports for the purpose of meeting any necessary Degree requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the supervision of the Head of Partnerships, Policy and Communications PPC Unit, and in close collaboration with other colleagues in the PPC Unit, the intern will specifically :
- Write blogs, feature and success stories about results achieved and efforts pursued under UNCDF projects and programmes in the areas of financial inclusion and local development finance, based on relevant inputs from project/programme managers, partners and donors.
- Support the writing, translation, design and production of communication outputs, such as in drafting press releases and publications, and dissemination to UNDP country offices, UNCDF country and regional offices, partners and stakeholders.
- Draft policy briefs ahead of meetings of the Executive Secretary;
- Draft/update country briefs about key donor countries detailing their development policies and foreign policy priorities;
- Assist in boosting UNCDF’s presence in online communications and social media; provide assistance as required in the maintenance of the UNCDF online platforms including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube channel, Instagram.
- Provide technical support to UNCDF country teams in the development and appropriate use of communication and advocacy tools (i.e. newsletter, websites, posters, brochures, pamphlets) to increase visibility of UNCDF.
- Assist the PPC Unit in organizing events, launches of publications, seminars and conferences, global campaigns.
- Support colleagues across the agency on issues including but not limited to blended finance; impact investing; development finance;
- or support to Least Developed Countries.
Location: New York
Please refer to the official website for details of benefits.
- Candidate must be enrolled in a degree programme in Social Sciences, International Relations, Development, Journalism, Political Science, Communications, Graphic Design, Marketing or another related field.
- Applicants to the UNCDF internship programme must at the time of application meet one of the following requirements:
- Be enrolled in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher);
- Be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum Bachelor’s level or equivalent);
- Have graduated with a university degree (as defined in (a) and (b) above) and, if selected, must start the internship within one-year of graduation.
- Additional assignment-specific qualifications:
- Solid understanding of international relations and development.
- Desirable Skillset & Experience:
- Experience in online content development is desirable.
- Experience in communications and social media outreach.
- Experience writing analytical pieces on foreign policy, development issues, development finance is desirable.
- Prior experience with the multilateral system is desirable.
- Proficient in using new technologies, web-based platforms and social media networks; familiarity with the Adobe Creative Suite and other design platforms is a plus.
- Self-starter; organized; able to multitask, balance multiple responsibilities, and work to deadline.
- Fluency in English required. Fluency in French very desirable; knowledge of other UN languages will be considered a plus.
- Internship Conditions:
- UNCDF Internship programme is governed by the UNDP Internship policy framework.
- Interns are not financially remunerated by UNCDF. The costs associated with the latter must be borne by the nominating institution, related institution or government, which may provide the required financial assistance to its students; or by the student, who will have to obtain financing for subsistence and make his/her own arrangements for travel, accommodation, etc. Proof of medical and life/accident insurance valid for the location in which the internship will be carried out (i.e. New York, USA).
- Interns must have medical and life insurance and be able to provide insurance proof at the time of their selection.
- The purpose of the Internship Programme is not to lead to further employment with UNCDF but to complement an intern’s studies; therefore, there should be no expectation of employment at the end of an internship.
Eligible Regions: Open for All
- Apply online through the given link.
- Application deadline is December 31, 2018 (Midnight New York, USA time)
- In your application, please (i) state in one paragraph why you would like to be considered for the internship, and (ii) indicate your preferred start and end date, as well as your availability timeframe (3 or 6 months).
- Please submit your Resume/CV and an application using the UNCDF Internship Application form.
- Applications should include the application form and a resume. Applicants are welcome to submit any additional work samples or portfolios in one single file, preferably PDF.
- Please note that the UNDP jobsite system allows only one uploading of application document, so please make sure that you merge all your documents (CV/Resume, cover letter etc into a single file before uploading).
McKinsey&Company Next Generation Women Leaders Award 2019
The Next Generation Women Leaders award is a scholarship designed to recognize talent and support students who would like to maximize their own potential.
McKinsey&Company invites female students of all backgrounds to apply for the scholarship designed to recognize talent and support women who would like to maximize their own potential. This is your opportunity to learn more about McKinsey & Company and our people and to join an exceptional international network of talented women.
- Africa: Angola; Casablanca; Johannesburg; Lagos; Nairobi
- Asia Pacific: Bangkok; Bangalore; Chennai; Delhi; Gurugram; Hanoi; Jakarta; Kuala Lumpur; Manila; Melbourne; Mumbai; Perth; Seoul; Singapore; Sydney; Tokyo; Osaka
- Eastern Europe: Almaty; Astana; Belgrade; Bucharest; Budapest; Kiev; Moscow; Prague; Warsaw; Zagreb
- Western Europe: Amsterdam; Antwerp; Athens; Berlin; Brussels; Cologne; Copenhagen; Dublin; Dusseldorf; Frankfurt; Geneva; Hamburg; Helsinki; Istanbul; Lisbon; London; Luxembourg; Madrid; Milan; Munich; Oslo; Paris; Rome; Stockholm; Stuttgart; Vienna; Zurich
- Middle East: Abu Dhabi; Doha; Dubai; Kuwait; Riyadh; Tel Aviv
- South America: Bogota; Buenos Aires; Lima; Medellin
Recipients will be awarded:
- a scholarship of 2,000 Euros (or its equivalent in a local currency) towards the cost of tuition, summer employment, volunteer work, research, or any other initiative supporting your academic and/or professional development
- individual mentorship from McKinsey consultants to support you as you consider your academic trajectory and career aspiration
- an invitation to a local McKinsey event or an office visit
A student working towards a Bachelors, Masters, or PhD, from any discipline or background
To apply please submit:
- Your CV in English including details of your education (including grades), any work experience as well as any extracurricular activities and achievements
- A cover letter in English (1 page max) including a paragraph about your most notable accomplishment and a paragraph describing how you would benefit from receiving the award
- Academic transcripts (do not need to be in English) depending on your office preferences (please see details below)
- Africa, Austria, Denmark, Finland, Germany, Netherlands, Norway, Sweden require academic transcripts from high school onwards
- Asia and Pacific, Belgium, Czech Republic, Hungary, Italy, Luxembourg, Poland, Russia, Spain, Switzerland require university transcripts
- For other offices, academic transcripts are optional, but please include relevant grades in your resume
Before submitting your application, please do make sure you have uploaded all the relevant attachments – they will not be able to process your application without the transcripts, cover letter and CV as requested.
When you apply you will be asked to list up to two office locations which will review your application. We advise you to choose locations to which you have strong ties (e.g. you have studied or lived in the country) and whose local language you are fluent in. This does not limit you to any office/practice for the future.
Wildlife Photography Competition
Enter the Prize Wildlife Photography Competition
Go wild with your camera and win a fabulous cottage break at The Coach House, Biddenden in Kent – perfect for wildlife watching – courtesy of Kent & Sussex Holiday Cottages.
A rather overdue welcome to Kent Wildlife Trust’s 60th Anniversary Wildlife Photography Competition 2018 thanking you for your continued interest and look forward to seeing your submissions – simply submit your entries with the entry form by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- There will be one overall winner, who will be announced by Kent Wildlife Trust alongside the winners of each category.
- The competition prize comprises of a two-night stay at The Coach House, Biddenden, which must be claimed by 30th December 2018 and taken within the 1st Jan 2019-1st June 2019. The maximum occupancy must only be 4 people (no children under 5 years) for the 2 days and the offer is not valid for peak school holiday dates.
- Reservations should be made directly with Kent and Sussex Holiday Cottages on 01580 720770. The prize winner will receive a voucher to redeem their prize. The prize winner may extend their stay at their own expense.
- All entrants must be able to transport themselves to the cottage.
- All entrants must be aged 18 or over.
- To claim the prize, the winner must agree for their details (name and place you are from) to be shared via the Kent and Sussex Holiday Cottages website and social media.
- If the winner books a date and has to cancel within 14 days, no new dates can be offered.
- By entering the competition, you agree to the provisions of these terms and conditions and to comply fully with them.
- The competition is open to anyone except those directly involved with the competition and judging (including their families and relatives).
If you are under the age of 17 you must have permission to enter from your parent or guardian. By submitting an entry for the competition, your parent/carer/guardian is deemed to have given such consent and to agree to the use of the entry as described in these terms and conditions.
- The closing date for submissions is 30th November 2018. All submissions received after this time will not be eligible. Please note that sending is not proof of receipt.
- The Organisers cannot be held responsible for emails that do not arrive due to the entrant’s email security settings or restrictions placed by their Internet service provider.
- Your entry must be submitted digitally via email to photocomp-at-kentwildlife.org.uk No other forms of entry will be accepted.
- By submitting images to Kent Wildlife Trust Photography Competition, each entrant confirms and warrants that:
- they are the sole author of each entry and that it is their original work;
- they own the copyright and any other intellectual property rights of each image;
- they have the permission of anyone pictured in the image (or, where the image shows any persons under 18, the consent of their parent/guardian) for the usage rights required by Kent Wildlife Trust and will indemnify Kent Wildlife Trust against any claims made by any third parties in respect of such infringement;
- they have not licensed or disposed of any rights in the image that would conflict with uses to be made by Kent Wildlife Trust; and
- they have received any necessary permissions from the owner(s) of objects including buildings included in submitted images for the usage rights required by Kent Wildlife Trust and will indemnify Kent Wildlife Trust against any claims made by any third parties in respect of such infringement.
Eligible Regions: Open for all
- Entering the competition is simple – download the entry form and submit it along with your photo to email@example.com.
- Please send only one photo per email stating the category you are entering in the subject line. We encourage digital entries from all forms of camera including mobile devices. Photographs must be a minimum 1MB – maximum 5MB file.
- Please ensure images are sent in adherence to the rules, terms and conditions below. All category images must have been taken in Kent specifying the place name (village, town, nature reserve, park, beach etc.) accompanying each image.
To apply, visit the official website of the Wildlife Photography Competition