At age 21, in 2002, Serena Williams was first named world No. 1 in singles by the Women’s Tennis Association (WTA). Ever Since then, Williams has recorded the feat no fewer than eight times, spending a total of 319 weeks as world No. 1. She has a total of 39 Grand Slam titles to her credit, 23 of them for Grand Slam singles. Serena Williams is regarded as the greatest female tennis player of all time. As in the case of most successful people in the world, however, Serena’s journey to the top has not been smooth all the way. She has had to fight for her victories both in tennis and her personal life. Her story inspires girls, women and everyone with ambitions who encounter prejudices while climbing the ladder to success.
We hope you will be motivated by these sayings. 1“Everyone’s dream can come true if you just stick to it and work hard” Serena Williams.
2 “I just never give up. I fight to the end. You can’t go out and say, ‘I want a bag of never-say-die spirit.’ It’s not for sale. It has to be innate.” Serena Williams.
3. “Luck has nothing to do with it, because I have spent many, many hours, countless hours, on the court working for my one moment in time, not knowing when it would come.” Serena Williams
4. “Tennis just a game, family is forever.” Serena Williams.
5. “If anything, you know, I think losing makes me even more motivated.” Serena Williams.
6.“Legendary? I don’t know. I’m just Serena.” Serena Williams.
7. “I don’t know if I’ve had my share of drama, but I’ve definitely had my share of hard times.” Serena Williams.
8. “All my life I’d woken up to tennis, tennis, tennis. Even if I don’t go to practice, I’m thinking about it all day.” Serena Williams.
9. “I think you have to love yourself before you fall in love. I’m still learning to love myself.” Serena Williams.
10. “I am lucky that whatever fear I have inside me, my desire to win is always stronger”. Serena Williams
11. I always believe I can beat the best, achieve the best. I always see myself in the top position. Serena Williams.
12. I really think a champion is defined not by their wins but by how they can recover when they fall. Serena Williams.
13. “I think in life you should work on yourself until the day you die”. Serena Williams.
14. “I’m a perfectionist. I’m pretty much insatiable. I feel there’s so many things I can improve on.” Serena Williams.
15. “You can be whatever size you are, and you can be beautiful both inside and out. We’re always told what’s beautiful and what’s not, and that’s not right.” Serena Williams.