Global Citizen is a community of people like you. People who want to learn about and take action on the world’s biggest challenges — and use their power to get other people involved too. They bring you stories and actions that make a difference.
That helps fights extreme poverty and inequality around the world and supports approaches that will make life more sustainable for people and the planet.
Powered by BeyGOOD, the Global Citizen Fellowship Program will unearth African youth with remarkable potential.
Through the program, 15 young people will each engage in a paid, year-long fellowship aligned to one of Global Citizen’s four pillars of activity: creative, campaigns, rewards, and marketing.
They bring you stories and actions that make a difference. That helps fight extreme poverty and inequality around the world and supports approaches that will make life more sustainable for people and the planet. Sign up now and help to reach their goal of ending extreme poverty by 2030.
Yearly, 15 young people will each engage in a paid, year-long fellowship aligned to one of Global Citizen’s four pillars of activity: creative, campaigns, rewards, and marketing.
- This dynamic program will take Fellows through a multi-phase curriculum.
- This program is designed to equip them with the skills and tools they need to thrive not just during their time with Global Citizen but also in any future professional environment.
- Fellows will be immersed in the use of digital technology for social change, storytelling tactics that shift attitudes.
- Fellows will learn the importance of building lasting professional relationships, and the role of innovation in a constantly changing world.
- Ages 21-25 (by the time of application).
- Applicants without a tertiary qualification preferred.
- Applicants should be able to prove that they are active Global Citizens, either through the work, they do in their communities or through Global Citizen’s website and/or app (Google Play Store OR App Store).
- Applicants should be available full-time from 05th July 2021-30 June 2022.
- Family household income of under R120 000/3055563 Naira, and/or families that are headed by a single parent.
- Applicants must be able to house themselves in Johannesburg and Lagos for the duration of the program.
- Those from minority and underrepresented communities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Eligible Regions: South Africa and Nigeria.
- Submit a 2-3 minute video or 500-700 word essay answering the following:
- How do you identify with BeyGOOD as a Global Citizen?
- How would become a Fellow assist you to positively impact your country?
- What specific issues are you taking action on and why?
- Send your applications to this email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application Deadline: May 21, 2021